So, there’s supposed to be a lunar eclipse or a supermoon or a blood moon or all three tonight. I think the gist of it is that the moon is supposed to blow up or some junk. I’m not sure, but Roamy could probably blind you with the science behind it. That is, if the moon wasn’t fake. Anyway, these guys wrote a song to celebrate the occasion:
More moon facts below the jump:
• Did you know that the moon is NOT made of cheese? No? You didn’t? What the fuck is wrong with you?
• Robert Heinlein was inspired to write his classic novel The Moon is a Harsh Mistress after breaking up with his longtime girlfriend and editor, who is pictured here:
• For centuries, prophets and sages have seen portents of doom in the moon and its phases. This one, from Nostradamus jumped out at me today:
Grim Selene shall wax crimson and fall
As the lachrymose Tangerine man yields
Chanting an austral hymn
To hearty cheers of sundry and all
• If the moon were made of barbecued spareribs, would you eat it? Just say yes and we’ll move on.
• If you want to see what all the fuss is about tonight, make sure you’re actually looking at the moon, and not something else.
Since Leon can’t put up MMM, and Jay won’t be able to until this afternoon, a little pre-MMM for you all. I found a stunning example of a beautiful, graceful, athletic woman to serve as an example to us all.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.