For those that missed my momentous news, my company sold the Ypsilanti-based portion of its bidness. Well, technically it has agreed to terms of a sale and the actual transfer of ownership will take place in 24-84 days, though we’re told to expect about 39 days from today.
It looks to be a very good deal for most of the contracts in the building with which I am familiar. One hitch: all of my contract work is through our DC-area offices. I have an office in Ypsilanti, but I don’t actually work on anything local to the building. I’m not getting laid off — I get to telecommute until someone decides it’s too much trouble — but I’m leaving my coworkers and office entirely after the sale. It’s bizarre. I’m one of very few staying with the company, but we’re the ones leaving. Everyone else will still be coworkers.
Anyhow, I’m working on making my home office more office-y, which includes adding a bunch of new bookshelves to accommodate all the books I had either at my office or in piles on the floor at home. I need to bring my standing desk riser home pretty soon, too, and then I’m going to politely ask the company (which no longer has to pay for electricity, heat, phone, or real estate costs on my behalf) to let me expense a docking station and a couple of monitors for my laptop. Fingers crossed.
So that’s what’s on my mind this week. Hoping this works for the long haul and I don’t end up looking for a job anytime soon.
She really should be oriented orthogonal to the cable. And not wearing heels.
…….and loving every minute of it!
I don’t get inspired to photoshop very often, but the absolutely asinine hashtag #TheBearIsLoose that the infantile adolescents at the White House have started was enough to get my creative juices flowing.
It started out slowly….
Then I started getting some ideas..
I don’t know a lot about your model for today, she lives in England and likes to show off her boobs. Rumor has it she stands 5′ 6″ and measures 32G- 27-37 and has not been fitted with bolt-ons. Please stop pushing amnesty long enough to welcome, Miss Gracie Finlan!
So here are the top 6 reasons Hillary will not be the next nominee of the Democ-RAT party.
1. She’s a really shitty candidate. Think of a medieval town where chamber pots were emptied into the streets. Think of the river of fudge from Willy Wonka’s candy factory. Now multiply that by 1 billion and you’ll get within 1% of how shitty Hillary is on the campaign trail.
2. She’s old as fuck. Here’s the sprightly lineup of Dem contenders: Joe Smartest-Guy-You’ve-Ever-Met Biden (73), Elizabeth My-PaPaw-Told-Me-I-Was-Special Warren (67), and Hillary Gelatinous-Goo Clinton (68). They are so far removed from everyday life, having spent their entire adult lives in government or academia that they really have no idea what’s going on except for mindless pap intended to drive the have nots to the polls.
3. Bill won’t spend the last eight years of his life without fat pussy, er, other than Hillary’s. Bill likes a little surf with his turf and he’ll be under constant scrutiny as First Philanderer. Hillary doesn’t want to be chiefly remembered as a First Lady and President that sniffed another woman’s crotch on ol’ Bill.
4. Bitches don’t like her. In 2008 she only got 50% of the wimmens vote even though she ran a campaign heavily geared toward the fairer sex.
5. Younger people will consider Bill Clinton a rapist. This hasn’t been talked about much, but it’s going to be hard for the generation that has no idea of Bill or Hillary’s exploits to, er, swallow. We take it for granted that her negatives are already baked into her stock price but young people have no concept of pre-2000 America.
6. Hillary Clinton. She not only steps on her dick, she puts on golf cleats first. The way to defeat Hillary is to let her speak at length.